Kirchhoff's laws

Kirchhoff's laws

A German physicist "Gustav Robert Kirchhoff's" introduced two most important electric circuit law in 1847. The First is known as the kirchhoff's current law or Junction law and second other kirchhoff's voltage law by which we can easily determine the equivalent resistance of a complex network circuit, voltage and current flowing in different conductor in a electrical circuit.

Kirchhoff's Laws 












1)Kirchhoff's current law (KCL) or Junction law

2)Kirchhoff's voltage law

1) Kirchhoff's current law or Junction law

 
The first law is define as the algebraic sum of all the current meeting at a point or Junction is equal to zero in closed electric circuit. 

                          Î£I = 0

In other ways the kirchhoff's current law is defined as the incoming or entering current is equal to the outgoing or leaving current that junction. 
 
Entering urrent = Leaving current 


Explanation of kirchhoff's current law (KCL) 


Let us consider... 

I1, I2, I3, I4and I5  conductors are meeting at a point "N" as shown in below figure... 

In conductors I1 & I
The current are entering or incoming to the point "N" 

In conductors  I2, I4 & I5 the current are leaving or outgoing from that junction "N" 


Now we are considering the entering current towards the junction N, is positive (+) and the leaving or outgoing current from that junction is Negative (-) 

Then we can written as...  

               I1 - I2 + I3 -  I4 - I5 = 0

    

2) Kirchhoff's voltage law 














Previous Post Next Post